Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Time to Plant a Tree is Now!




The Time to Plant a Tree is Now!



Like this great proverb, Atlanta Tree Professionals believes that the time to plant trees is now.  Yes, we remove trees, but our main goal is to help keep your trees healthy and only remove them when they absolutely need to go.  In fact, each time we have to remove a tree, Atlanta Tree Professionals will plant a new one in its place.

Many people think that the fall is the end of the planting season, but did you know that the best time to plant trees and shrubs in Atlanta is actually November through March?  In places where there are colder winters, earlier in the fall is best.  There are many reasons planting trees and shrubs during the fall/winter is beneficial:

1.     Planting in the fall gives the root system time to grow.  During the winter, the roots develop and become established, which allows the tree to have more support during spring growth and the heat of summer.
2.     The cooler, wetter weather means less watering is needed.
3.     Stable air temperatures promote rapid root growth and development.
4.     The soil is less damp than it is in the spring, which creates more stability for roots.
5.     When you choose a tree or shrub to plant in the fall, you are able to see the color that they will produce.

Even though the temperatures are cold, you must remember that the soil stays warm well after the air has cooled.  Even so, balled and burlap-wrapped trees and shrubs will do best.  Also, you want to make sure to avoid planting broad-leaf evergreens in the fall, such as azaleas, boxwoods and hollies.  These will not do as well. Some great trees to plant in the fall/winter are maples, buckeyes, ash, spruce and elms. Bare root plants, such as roses, pecans and fruit trees should be planted in late winter when they are completely dormant. 

Atlanta Tree Professionals wants to help keep Atlanta and the metro area looking beautiful and we believe that it is done by keeping tree healthy and planting new ones. We hope that you are able to get out and plant a tree this fall or winter! If you need help making sure those trees stay healthy give us a call!

Atlanta Tree Professionals
6105 Boylston Dr. NE
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
404-644-8733

14 comments:

  1. This is a great article. My husband and I have a tree in our backyard that we want to be removed. We do not want to cut down the tree. We would really like to have a company come in and move it to a different location where it can grow. I think that the tree has a potential for a healthy life. http://www.treeland.ca/tree_moving.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely article. It really makes you think more about planting trees and what not. I am needing to remove a bunch of trees from my front yard. Two of them are dead and the others are in the way. I would do it myself but I don't know much on how to do that. I would have to hire a tree removal service. I think that there is one here in town that would be able to help me out. http://kctreecaresiteks.com/Services/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just moved into a new home, and there is a giant oak in the front yard. It needs to go. The roots are sticking up all over the yard, and it has destroyed my sidewalk. I am also worried that they are going to mess up the power lines. It needs to be removed, and I am not sure how to go about hiring someone to come and do that for me.

    http://www.medinatreeservicehouston.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is so cool, I had no idea about a lot of this! Like with your first tip, I had no idea that you should plant a tree in the fall. I thought that would've killed the seeds. I'll have to do that when fall comes back around. http://www.ashmeretreesolutions.com.au/services/maintenance/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just purchased a new home, and there is lots of work that needs to be done. There are two large trees in the front yard that need to be removed. They are both dead, and one is missing a huge chuck. It was too close to the power lines, so the city butchered it. I hate to cut them down, but there is no way I am going to be able to revive them.

    http://www.robertjefferiestreeservice.com/Tree-Removal-Everett-WA.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very nice quote on the tree. I love reading quotes on trees and this inspire me a lot in planting more and more trees because trees give us lots of things like positive thinking, wood etc which is very important in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very good article about tree . nice information about santa rosa tree removal
    Thanks for sharing with us .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really happy that you guys also promote planting trees as well. I find it crazy that many people sometimes view tree removal as bad, but I think most people remove trees that are bad in general. Hopefully, people learn from this and actually promote things just like this! http://www.allseasontreeservicealberta.ca/stump_grinding.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Post!
    I apprecite your blog such a nice in question in this blog about The Time to Plant a Tree is Now .I agree with your point that professtional tree care is very needed now business.sometime ago I have professtional tree care by treeprosonama.It's great services provider thanks for postion It.
    Cotati Tree Removal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the information! I find it really interesting that the best time to plant a tree is during the fall. For some reason, I always thought that the best season for planting trees was during the spring. Your explanation of how planting during the fall allows the roots to develop and become established during the wither really makes sense. Now that I have a better understanding of this, I'll start planting my trees during the fall to have better luck growing them on my property.
    http://www.cornerlandscaping.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the information! I find it really interesting that the best time to plant a tree is during the fall. For some reason, I always thought that the best season for planting trees was during the spring. Your explanation of how planting during the fall allows the roots to develop and become established during the wither really makes sense. Now that I have a better understanding of this, I'll start planting my trees during the fall to have better luck growing them on my property.
    http://www.cornerlandscaping.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every week-end I used to pay a fast visit this site, because I’d like enjoyment, because this web site conations certainly fussy material.

    Click here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I just desired to give you quick thumbs up on your work, really fantastic blog! treesurgeontamworth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank for that.......
    it's a very appreciative blog post, i have ever read. I hope many people will plant tree after reading this blog. i would like to say that,
    Not just plant a tree, take care of them too.
    Davis Tree Service

    ReplyDelete